November 4, 2021
Mover’s Guide to Jonesboro AR
Are you considering a move to Jonesboro, AR? Our self-storage can help! We offer multiple self-storage facilities near Jonesboro AR. Not only can our storage units assist with your move but our local mover’s guide will help you feel at home in a new neighborhood. Learn about the surrounding area of Valley View and Jonesboro and how our storage can help with your move.
Jonesboro, Craighead County, AR
Median Home Value: $152,900
Median Rent: $764
Shortly after the establishment of Craighead County in 1859, Jonesboro AR was set up as a permanent settlement and designated the first county seat (followed by a second county seat in Lake City, AR). Also known as the City of Churches, Jonesboro, AR is the fifth-largest city in Arkansas and offers a vibrant community to call home. Our community was voted one of the best places to live and retire in Arkansas by Niche.com.
Enjoying Jonesboro, AR
Downtown Jonesboro is the home of Arkansas State University. The Downtown Association plays an integral role in building up our downtown shops and restaurants.
Outdoor Places to Visit Near Jonesboro, AR
Nicknamed ‘The Natural State,’ Arkansas is known for its picturesque landscapes and beautiful natural wonders. Here are just a few nearby locations for outdoor fun.
- Craighead Forest Park – With nearly 700 acres to explore, this park offers a lot of opportunities for outdoor activities, including fishing in the 60-acre lake, camping, hiking and biking, and fields and courts for outdoor sports like softball and volleyball.
- Lake Frierson State Park – Atop the rolling hills of Crowley’s Ridge sits Lake Frierson State Park, home to the peaceful and relaxing 335-acre lake. Enjoy a day fishing the lake or enjoying the water in your boat or kayak.
- Lake Charles State Park – Just a quick 30-minute drive away is Lake Charles State Park, perhaps the best place to go fishing for 20-inch bass in Northeast Arkansas. There are also plenty of campsites available, with spaces to camp right along the water.
Need a place to store all your local fishing and camping equipment, including a spot for RV storage and boat storage? Make sure to visit one of our Your Extra Closet Jonesboro, AR storage facilities or rent online today.
Places of Interest Near Jonesboro, AR
Curious as to what is nearby in Jonesboro, AR? Here are just a few of the prominent local landmarks.
- Arkansas State University – Whether attending a class on campus, visiting the Arkansas State Museum, or attending a football game and supporting the Red Wolves as they take on their opponents at Centennial Bank Stadium, there is plenty to see and do at the flagship campus of the Arkansas State University System.
- Jonesboro Municipal Airport – While not a major airport by any means, Jonesboro Municipal Airport offers the convenience of air travel directly out of the Jonesboro area.
- The Fancy Attic Antique & Decorative Mall – Are you a collector of antiques or interested in some new home décor? The Fancy Attic offers a wide variety of items and is worth the trip!
- The Forum Theater – If you are looking for community events, live performances courtesy of the Foundation of Arts, or just enjoy looking at beautiful historic buildings, then make sure to visit this local treasure.
Major Cities Nearby
Looking for the sights and attractions of a major city? Jonesboro, AR is just a day trip away from several major metropolitan areas.
- Memphis, TN: 1 hour
- Little Rock, AR: 2 hours
- St. Louis, MO: 4 hours
- Nashville, TN: 4 hours
Your Extra Closet in Jonesboro AR
Joining our neighborhood? Find self-storage near the Arkansas State campus or close to your new house, as Your Extra Closet offers multiple self-storage facilities in the area.
Choose a storage unit near you today online! All our facilities offer online storage rentals with a contactless process.