Home Organization: Garage & Shed Organization Tips
February 4th, 2020
Is your shed or garage underutilized? Your seasonal items tend to get stacked in these places around the house and when it comes time to use them out it is an all-day event. We put together a list of helpful shed and garage organization ideas. Turn your garage into a mechanics dream or your shed into a useable workshop with Your Extra Closet.
Garage Organization Tips
- Pegboards or slat walls make it easy to store on the walls.
- Do a big clean out before organizing.
- Store propane, paper products, and paint elsewhere. The garage is not the best place for these items.
- Line the walls with shelves to keep tools off the floor.
- Overhead space is great for flat long items that you do not use often, like surfboards or kyacks.
- Hang tools on a magnetic board to create an organized work area.
Shed Organization Tips
- Use a pegboard, basket, and hooks to create category-specific baskets.
- Reuse buckets for garden tools. They are easy to grab and simple to store.
- A wood pallet can be salvaged and turned into a tool rack or shelf.
- Turn a filing cabinet on its side with no drawers and make a tool bin. You can add wheels to make even more accessible.
Self storage can help with your extra tools and seasonal needs. With spring right around the corner now is a great time to get your shed and garage in order. Summer projects will need space to spread out, consider renting a storage unit for your winter tools.
Your Extra Closet is another helpful tip for organizing around the house. We have multiple storage units around Kansas City MO and Jonesboro AR. Our storage experts will work with you to find a storage unit that is suitable for your valuables. Talk with us today or choose a storage unit online.